Barbara E. Palmer has specialized in family law cases in Maryland and the District of Columbia for 20 years, involving negotiating and drafting Marital Settlement Agreements and Prenuptial Agreements, Custody and Visitation Litigation (including international custody litigation), Property Settlements, Pension and Retirement issues, Guardianship and Adoption matters, Military related issues, and Appellate litigation.
Ms. Palmer has extensive litigation experience, having practiced in the area of product liability, medical malpractice and personal injury as well as domestic relations litigation. Ms. Palmer was an adjunct professor, teaching in the Family Studies Department at the University of Maryland, College Park, Legal Aspects of the Family, for seven years. She also has experience as a legislative assistant in the Maryland Senate and as an educator prior to attending law school.
The use of the Internet or this form of communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
American University Washington College of Law, J.D. , summa cum laude, 1983
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, B.S. ,
District of Columbia, 1985
U.S. Federal Court, 1985
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1986
- Adjunct Professor, Family Law, University of Maryland
Honors and Awards
- Gillette Prize, American University
- Washington College of Law Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland Bar, 1983 - Present
- District of Columbia Bar, 1984 - Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Prince George's County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Legal Education Committee
- Judicial Selection Committee
- Fee Arbitration Committee