Maritza earned a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Florida. After graduation, she joined the Peace Corps and moved to the Republic of Georgia where she taught English and worked on community development initiatives. After the Peace Corps, she joined the USO: a nonprofit support the troops organization. Maritza was a USO Center Manager in Kuwait and Afghanistan.
Maritza earned her J.D. from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. She graduated cum laude.
- Articles Editor, Maryland Law Review
- Judicial intern to the Honorable Wanda Keyes Heard, Baltimore City Circuit Court
- Judicial intern to the Honorable Robert A. Gordon, U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Baltimore
- Student attorney, Gender Violence Clinic
- Conducted client intakes; represented a client in a contested divorce/custody case; prepared parole packet
- Engaged in legislative advocacy and testified in favor of legislation to help human trafficking victims
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta
- Member, Latino Law Student Association
- Law clerk, Joseph Greenwald & Laake
Prior to joining JGL, Maritza clerked for the Honorable Clayton Greene, Jr. of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. She researched and drafted preliminary appellate opinions and bench memorandum addressing civil and criminal issues, including statutory interpretation, constitutional matters and felony criminal offenses.
Direct Dial: 240-553-1186
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
University of Central Florida, B.A., Dean's List, 2006
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association