See below for highlights of the recent press coverage JGL has received. This page is updated monthly so please come back often!
- Attorney/Novelist David Bulitt appears on "The Raw Marriage Show." Check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFi-oz8koc#t=08m52s
- Labor & Employment attorney Brian Markovitz discussed 'voluntary' wellness programs and the effects on those who ‘opt out’ in a Bloomberg news article. Read this article here: https://www.bna.com/aarp-bid-halt-n57982082442/
- A new blog "Does Legal Intervention in Matters of Church Organizations Violate the First Amendment?" was posted on November 11th. Do you agree that church organizations are not above the law? Read the blog here: http://www.jgllaw.com/blog/does-legal-intervention-matters-church-organizations-violate-first-amendment.
- Inside Counsel sat down with JGL Principal David Bulitt to discuss the tax consequences of the high profile divorce of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. David certainly has some good insight into divorce situations that all people can benefit from. Read the article here: http://www.insidecounsel.com/2016/11/01/what-are-the-tax-implications-of-the-brangelina-di?ref=hp-top-story
- On November 18th JGL celebrated being named U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" for 2017. The firm has achieved Tier One rankings in the areas of Family Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Tier Two in Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs; and Tier Three in Trusts & Estates Law. We are thrilled to receive such an honor.
- Did you know that JGL attorney Debora Fajer-Smith is also the Chair of the Workers’ Compensation and Insurance Group at JGL? Almost 100 Carpenters of the Mid-Atlantic Carpenters’ Training Center now know about her too as she spoke to them in early November about the importance of Workers’ Compensation and the protection of employee’s rights.
- Did you know that Family Law Principal David Bulitt recently appeared in an extensive interview on the tv program "Happyness Journey?" Watch the segment to see David discussing the creative sources of his newest novel "Because I Had To" and learn how he came to write it and how the ideas and characters in the novel are drawn from his 30 years of experience as an attorney. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0kSx_4Z_iY&feature=youtu.be
- On November 29th we recognized JGL Principal Brian Markovitz. Brian was selected by the National Trial Lawyers as one of their Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Maryland. Read the full story on our website: http://www.jgllaw.com/news/national-trial-lawyers-announces-brian-j-markovitz-one-its-top-100-civil-plaintiff-trial
- A new JGL blog was posted on November 30th answering the question “Can authoring novels successfully impact your career as a family law attorney?” If you are JGL Principal and author David Bulitt, then the answer is YES! Read the full blog here: http://www.jgllaw.com/blog/attorney-writes-novel-%E2%80%93-becomes-better-attorney
JGL In The Community
- JGL Principal Jay Holland proudly serves on the board of the EveryMind organization and attended the Redskins game on November 13th in honor of Veterans' Day and the work EveryMind does for veterans through a program called Serving Together. This is a program to help returning vets with mental health, housing and other issues. Org's site: http://www.every-mind.org.
JGL Employee Announcements
- On November 19th, we announced that Staff Attorney Jason Sarfati passed the MD State Bar! To check out his bio, click here: http://www.jgllaw.com/attorneys/jason-m-sarfati
- On November 21st, we announced that Law Clerk Christine Wang passed the Maryland State Bar.
- On November 22nd, we welcomed our new JGL Staff Attorney Alex Geraldo. Check out his impressive bio at: http://www.jgllaw.com/attorneys/alexander-j-geraldo
All of these were also shared across the firm’s various social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Stay up to date on our latest happenings by following JGL on these platforms! Please be advised that due to Intellectual Property rights full access to some of these articles may require registration or purchase of a subscription.