Alyse L. Prawde
Alyse L. Prawde
Alyse Prawde is a senior counsel in Joseph, Greenwald & Laake’s Civil Litigation group.
Alyse earned her B.A., magna cum laude, from the College of William and Mary and her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Maryland School of Law. While in law school, Alyse served as Executive Articles Editor of the Maryland Journal of International Law, as a writing fellow with the Writing Center, and as a student attorney with the Immigration Clinic. As a student attorney, Alyse handled all aspects of representation of clients in removal proceedings, including advocating before the Immigration Court in Baltimore and drafting briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals. During law school, Alyse also served as a judicial intern to Chief Judge Mary Ellen Barbera of the Court of Appeals of Maryland and as a judicial intern in the criminal division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
At graduation, Alyse received the 2014 Elizabeth Maxwell Carroll Chestnut Prize, known as the “Dean’s Award,” for her scholarship, professionalism, and excellence in writing. She was also awarded the Joseph Bernstein Prize for legal writing and the William P. Cunningham Award for exceptional achievements and service to the law school.
Prior to joining Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, Alyse clerked for the Honorable Audrey J.S. Carrión of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. Alyse previously worked as a law clerk at Joseph, Greenwald & Laake.
Direct Dial: (240) 553-1202
The use of the Internet or this form of communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
In the NEWS
- Damascus locker room 'brooming' lawsuit can move forward, judge rules - The Washington Post
- AACPS agrees to pay $2.5 million in consent decree settling Bowen Levy lawsuit
- Sixteen JGL Law Attorneys Named to Maryland 2022, Super Lawyers
- Fifteen JGL Law Attorneys Named to Maryland 2021, Super Lawyers
- Montgomery County Nonpublic School Federal Court Hearing Cancelled
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2014
- College of William & Mary, B.A., 2011
- Maryland, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Elizabeth Maxwell Carroll Chestnut Prize (Dean’s Award)
- Joseph Bernstein Prize
- William P. Cunningham Award
- Leadership Scholar Award
- Maryland Journal of International Law, Executive Articles Editor
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
Speeches & Articles
- “The Contribution of Brazil’s ‘Responsibility While Protecting’ Proposal to the ‘Responsibility to Protect’ Doctrine,” 29 Md. J. Int’l L. 184 (2014).