Associate Attorney – Complex Civil Litigation – Immediate Hire
Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., a 40-attorney law firm, seeks a highlymotivated and enthusiastic associate with 2-5 years of litigation experience for immediate hire. The position is in the civil litigation department in the firm’s Greenbelt office and provides the opportunity to assume immediate responsibility for trial and appellate work in state and federal courts in Maryland and D.C. This is your chance to litigate complex, unique and high-profile cases with one of the area’s premier law firms.
Must possess excellent research and writing skills and significant litigation experience. Judicial clerkship experience is a plus. Current MD Bar required and must be DC Bar eligible. Competitive salary and benefits package. EOE. Forward cover letter, resume and two writing samples by October 1, 2018 to: Veronica Nannis (e-fax: 240-553-1748; email: email@example.com).
Senior Marketing Manager
Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to support our Greenbelt and Rockville, MD offices. The position is resident in the Greenbelt office with travel to Rockville as necessary. This individual should be self-motivated and eager for a challenge.
The individual will work with the Marketing Committee and Legal Administrator to support all marketing projects and activities for the firm.
- Develop a deep understanding of the firm’s practices and clients
- Assist attorneys with the preparation of pitch materials, responses to RFP’s and presentations
- Work closely with attorneys to increase community involvement, business development, speaking engagements, articles, source quotes, etc.
- Assist with the orientation of new attorneys: scheduling photographs, drafting biography for the website, engaging in social media, etc.
- Work with the Marketing Committee to develop a communications strategy, plan and budget
- Implement and track the results of the marketing plan—and report the results to the Marketing Committee
- Purchase and submit advertising
- Make updates to the firm website
- Draft copy for the firm’s social media and blog posts
- Draft copy for and make updates to the firm’s website
- Plan and coordinate local special events
- Assist with writing and distributing the firm’s internal newsletter
- Coordinate all details of firm sponsorships
- Work with the firm’s marketing agency or other contracted vendors to complete specific projects
- Work with the Marketing Committee and/or Legal Administrator on other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field
- Proficient with a website CMS
- Proficient with social media in a professional environment
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communications skills
JGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please send a cover letter and resume to JBehrens@jgllaw.com.