Labor and Employment Law Associate
Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. (“JGL”) seeks to immediately hire a Labor and Employment Law Associate. The successful candidate will have 1-4 years of litigation experience and an employment law background. False Claims Act experience is a plus. Judicial clerks are encouraged to apply.
Associate duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced legal research and writing;
- Case screening and evaluation;
- Drafting pleadings, motions and other filings;
- Taking and defending depositions;
- All aspects of discovery;
- Client interaction, advice and counsel;
- Interacting with government officials during investigations;
- Participating in mediation and settlement negotiations;
- Trial practice; and
We seek a motivated, organized, hard-working attorney to assist in the continued growth of the Labor & Employment Law and False Claims Act practice. The associate will practice at the administrative level, as well as in state and federal courts. Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Maryland Bar - DC Bar and federal bar admission are also a plus.
JGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with competitive compensation and benefits packages. All qualified candidates should forward your cover letter, resume and two writing samples by May 24, 2021 to email@example.com.
Competitive – commensurate with experience
1 to 4 years litigation experience (Required)
Labor & Employment experience (Required)
Judicial clerkship (Preferred)
Juris Doctor (Required)
MD Bar (Required)
DC Bar (Preferred)
Bonuses - discretionary
- Health Insurance
- New Childcare
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples by May 24, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.