Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., an AV-rated law firm with offices in Frederick, Greenbelt and Rockville, MD, seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced litigation paralegal to support trial lawyers in its Rockville location. Applicant must have 3+ years of litigation experience, excellent technical ability, and good people skills. Required management skills are:
1. Document Management
2. Task Management
3. Fact Management
4. People Management
Applicant must also possess :
- A positive and friendly attitude
- The ability to work independently, multi-task, and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in legal research, including Westlaw and/or LexisNexis.
- Ability to prepare and draft motions, pleadings, judgments, statements, documents, and other correspondence (e.g., debt and asset lists, witness affidavits, child support worksheets, responsive pleadings, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strict attention to detail, and organization, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable of Maryland Rules of Procedure – Title 9.
- Knowledgeable of e-filing, calendaring, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
JGL offers a friendly, business casual atmosphere, a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits (e.g., fitness reimbursement, new child care leave, free parking, etc.). If you are a responsible individual and meet all of the above requirements, please e-mail your cover letter and resume.
- 3+ years (Required)
- Strong experience in legal research, including Westlaw and/or LEXIS
- Skilled in the preparation of first drafts of complaints, answers, discovery requests and discovery responses
- Skilled in obtaining, compiling and summarizing complex medical records and deposition transcripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strict attention to detail and organization
- Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experienced in communication with Medicare/Medicaid and other lien holders, including follow up with lien reduction efforts
- Experienced in communication, coordination and scheduling of experts retained to testify
- Litigation Paralegal (Required)
- Associates (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate or Degree (Required)
- Frederick, MD
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Childcare
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Free Onsite Parking
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Monday to Friday
Please include a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: Sandra Harris (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).