- A positive and friendly attitude
- The ability to work independently, multi-task, and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in legal research, including Westlaw and/or LexisNexis.
- Ability to prepare and draft motions, pleadings, judgments, statements, documents, and other correspondence (e.g., debt and asset lists, witness affidavits, child support worksheets, responsive pleadings, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strict attention to detail, and organization, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable of Maryland Rules of Procedure – Title 9.
- Knowledgeable of e-filing, calendaring, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3+ years (Required)
- Strong experience in legal research, including Westlaw and/or LEXIS
- Skilled in the preparation of first drafts of complaints, answers, discovery requests and discovery responses
- Skilled in obtaining, compiling and summarizing complex medical records and deposition transcripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strict attention to detail and organization
- Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experienced in communication with Medicare/Medicaid and other lien holders, including follow up with lien reduction efforts
- Experienced in communication, coordination and scheduling of experts retained to testify
- Litigation Paralegal (Required)
- Associates (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate or Degree (Required)
- Frederick, MD
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- New Childcare
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Free Onsite Parking
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Monday to Friday
Please include a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: Sandra Harris (email: email@example.com).