Senior Counsel – Complex Civil Litigation – Immediate Hire
Joseph Greenwald and Laake PA (“JGL”), a law firm serving Washington DC and the suburban Maryland area, seeks to immediately hire a Senior Counsel to support and help lead its civil litigation practice. This is a rare opportunity to join and help develop a busy, fast-paced, complex civil litigation department in one of suburban Maryland’s preeminent law firms.
The ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of complex civil litigation experience in Maryland courts;
- A strong work ethic;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to manage all aspects of complex civil cases largely independently;
- Ability to juggle multiple cases simultaneously;
- Ability and interest in mentoring more junior associates;
- Trial and appellate experience,
- Judicial clerkship preferred, but not required; and
- Origination not required, but will be considered.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of civil litigation cases;
- Complex legal analysis, research and writing;
- Case intake and evaluation;
- Managing and executing all aspects of discovery;
- Taking and defending depositions;
- Attending settlement conferences and engaging in settlement discussions;
- Trial work in Maryland state and federal courts; and
- Handling appeals in Maryland state courts and federal courts.
Legal assistant, paralegal and law clerk support provided. Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Maryland Bar - DC Bar a plus. JGL offers competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples by August 30, 2021 to email@example.com.