Brian Markovitz’s clients trust him to make the best of terrible situations. A principal in Joseph, Greenwald & Laake’s Civil Litigation Group, Brian represents employees who have been wrongfully terminated, suffered discrimination at work, or been retaliated against for reporting fraud or misconduct. Brian has distinguished himself as one of the nation’s leading practitioners representing whistleblowers under the federal False Claims Act.
Among his recent achievements, Brian successfully represented a government contractor in Afghanistan who blew the whistle on his employer’s misappropriation of government funds. The case uncovered fraudulent subcontracts worth nearly $20 million and led to indictment of the offenders, as well as a substantial settlement for the client.
Brian takes an individualized approach to each case, taking into account the client’s goals, needs and desires, whether he’s representing a whistleblower who has identified massive fraud or negotiating a fair severance package for a victim of workplace discrimination.
Outside of work, Markovitz plays the drums and enjoys going to school functions and sporting events for his three young children.
Direct Dial: 240-553-1207
The use of the Internet or this form of communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
Dickinson College, B.A. , 1993
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. , 2000
Washington, D.C., 2000
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- American Association for Justice, Employment Rights and Qui Tam Litigation Sections
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Guide, 2012
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Guide, 2013
- Speaker, Virginia State Building & Construction Trades Council, Winter Meeting, January 2015
- Presenter, “Emerging Legal Landscape of Discrimination,” Maryland Chamber of Commerce Labor and Employment Law Conference, November 2014