A renowned family law attorney with more than 40 years of experience, Jeffrey Greenblatt represents clients in matters including prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child custody, visitation and support, complex marital property division, and domestic violence. He has a reputation as a highly skilled advocate, sympathetic and compassionate listener, and powerful guardian of his clients’ rights.
Jeffrey has often taken on and won very difficult family law matters at trial. For instance, he recently went to trial in a custody dispute in which his client was falsely accused of using drugs while pregnant and subsequently breastfeeding. After a two-day hearing, the court restored his client to 50/50 custody of her daughter. Jeffrey also successfully represented a client in a contested divorce matter and protected an inheritance that she had unknowingly placed into an account she held jointly with her spouse.
Jeffrey is a frequent lecturer and author on family law topics. He has presented the Montgomery County Bar Association’s annual family law update course for more than 25 years, and is often called upon by bar associations and providers of continuing legal education to share his knowledge of family law topics. He also authors an annual publication containing family law case reviews, which is distributed to all judges and masters for the circuit courts of Montgomery, Prince George’s and Frederick counties.
Outside of work, Jeffrey enjoys working out and attending cultural events including movies, theater and live music.
Direct Dial: 240-399-7894
The use of the Internet or this form of communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
American University Washington College of Law, J.D. , 1973
Syracuse University, B.S. , 1969
District of Columbia, 1974
All Maryland Circuit Courts
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Montgomery County Subcommittee for the Task Force on Spousal Abuse, 1981– 1982, chair
- Montgomery County Property & Alimony Committee, 1979–1980, chair
- Governor’s Committee on Inequities and Disparities of Divorce, 1991–1993
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Judicial Section Committee, 1984–1987, 2005–2006
- Family Law Section, 1973–present
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Speeches & Articles
- Author, Same-Sex Prenups: Consider this before the nuptials, The Daily Record, Maryland Family Law Update, November 5, 2014
- Lecturer, Annual Family Law Update, Montgomery County Bar Association, 1985–present
- Author, Montgomery County Family Law Update, annual publication
- Lecturer, Family Law, Maryland State Bar Association
- Lecturer, Prince George’s–Montgomery County Continuing Education Institute, 1976–1980
Awards & Honors
- Maryland SuperLawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Peer-Review rated
- Avvo, rated Superb, 2011
- Top Divorce Attorney, Bethesda magazine, May 2010, 2013
- Top Divorce Attorney, Metropolitan Area, Washingtonian magazine
- One of the Best Lawyers in America, 2010–2013
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Leaders, 2008–present
- Maryland Governor’s appointee, Foster Care Review Board, 1984–1986