Joe Creed is an attorney in Joseph, Greenwald & Laake’s Civil Litigation and Labor & Employment Groups. He is a knowledgeable advisor and skilled advocate for federal employees in all aspects of employment law. He is the author of “Employment Rights of Federal Employees,” a chapter in the Maryland Employment Law Deskbook. He is currently the employee co-chair of the ABA Federal Sector Labor & Employment Law Committee. His practice includes the following areas:
Employment Personnel Matters
- Practice includes suspension, demotion, removal, RIF, and all other disciplinary and adverse personnel actions.
- Represents federal employees in responding to notices of proposed discipline.
- Advocates for federal employees in the MSPB and in the Federal Circuit.
- Practice includes discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, and retaliation.
- Represents federal employees in informal complaints, formal complaints, and agency investigations.
- Advocates for federal employees in the EEOC, in mixed cases before the MSPB, and in federal court.
- Practice includes all aspects of federal whistleblower protection law and prohibited personnel practices.
- Advises and represents federal employees in the disclosure of waste, fraud, abuse, and other illegal conduct.
- Advocates for federal whistleblowers in the OSC complaint process and MSPB appeals.
Civil Litigation & Appeals
- Experienced trial lawyer in state and federal courts.
- Extensive experience in complex motions, jury trials, and non-jury trials.
- Skilled appellate advocate who has argued appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Maryland Court of Appeals, and Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
- Attended the National Trial Advocacy College.
- Former law clerk for the Honorable James A. Kenney, III of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
Business Law & Litigation
- Advises and represents businesses and business professionals in contract matters and litigation.
- Practice includes LLC and partnership disputes, corporate matters, shareholder derivative actions, contract disputes, business transactional matters, insurance coverage, tax litigation, non-compete agreements, employment contracts, and all aspects of employment law.
- Represents government contractors and subcontractors in general business law, litigation, employment law, and bid protests.
- Represents licensed professionals in board investigations, disciplinary actions, administrative hearings, and appeals.
- Represents churches in non-profit corporate matters, including board of directors’ disputes and litigation.
Direct Dial: 240-553-1191
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
Regent University School of Law, J.D. , 2005
Tennessee Temple University, B.S. , 2002
District of Columbia, 2016
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 2013
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2007
Speeches & Articles
- “Employment Rights of Federal Employees,” MSBA Maryland Employment Law Deskbook, (MSBA, 2014 and 2016)
- "The Proper Forum for Judicial Review of Merit Systems Protection Board Decisions in Mixed Cases," The Federal Lawyer, (August 2014)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- SuperLawyers, Maryland Rising Star, 2013