Pat Dragga has concentrated his practice in family law since 1979. He is admitted to practice in Maryland, the District of Columbia and the federal courts in those jurisdictions.
Mr. Dragga is a highly regarded family law practitioner whose advice and counsel are sought by professional colleagues and members of the bench. He is a frequent lecturer on family law topics, including business valuation, divorce taxation, equitable distribution and custody.
Pat is a member of the Montgomery County Bar Association (Executive Committee 2007-2009), and the Maryland State Bar Association. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He is a certified mediator and arbitrator, in both private and court-appointed matters; and, he is trained in collaborative divorce and is a founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc.
Often acknowledged as a Top Lawyer in Washingtonian Magazine, he is recognized as someone who is “bright, articulate and known for his sense of humor”. “He is adept at sorting out complicated property disputes especially when real estate is involved” and “combine(s) an understanding of financial complexities with a manner that can make you laugh.” Since 2007, he has annually been named in Baltimore Magazine as one of the top lawyers in Maryland and as a Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer. Most Recently Mr. Dragga has been recognized on the 2020 Super Lawyers List as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland.
A graduate of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio (magna cum laude 1972) and Catholic University, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C. (J.D. 1975), Mr. Dragga makes his home in Rockville, Maryland.
In the NEWS
- 13 JGL Lawyers Selected for Best Lawyers in America
- Sixteen JGL Law Attorneys Named to Maryland 2022, Super Lawyers
- 15 JGL Lawyers Selected for Best Lawyers in America
- Fifteen JGL Law Attorneys Named to Maryland 2021, Super Lawyers
- Fourteen JGL Law Attorneys Named to Washington D.C. 2020, Super Lawyers
- Xavier University, B.A., 1972
- Catholic University of America, J.D., 1975
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Federal District Courts for Maryland and the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
Honors and Awards
- Maryland SuperLawyers, 2023