Personal Injury (“PI”) Junior Paralegal – Greenbelt Office
Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. (“JGL”), an AV rated 35+ lawyer Maryland law firm seeks a Junior Paralegal for its Personal Injury practice area.
JGL seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented and reliable individual with 2-3+ years of office experience and a strong desire to learn to assist and support our Personal Injury practice area in a Junior Paralegal role. Qualified candidates should possess solid computer skills, be able to work as part of a team as well as proactively and independently, and should possess strong oral and written communication skills as the position involves extensive contact with clients, insurance carriers and medical provider offices. Duties involve assisting attorneys and senior paralegals with a variety of tasks involved with Personal Injury claims and will expand with training and experience to include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with data collection during case intake interviews, completing forms and gathering documents for photocopying/scanning
- Data entry of client and case information into case management programs
- Maintaining and organizing electronic case files
- Generating and sending correspondence and documents via mail, fax and email
- Requesting information and/or documents including accident reports, medical records, billing records, and lien information utilizing a variety of online portals and appropriately handling confidential information
- Reviewing, organizing and indexing medical and billing records and cross-referencing documents to ensure receipt of complete and accurate records
- Assembling and bookmarking pdf files
- Communicating with clients and medical offices to verify treatment statuses, confirm outstanding balances, and request reductions
- Documenting communications with clients, providers and insurance carriers
- Utilizing spreadsheets to track and monitor tasks assigned
- Recording accurate record of time spent completing tasks
JGL offers a competitive salary and benefits package (to include, but not limited to 4 weeks of leave, new child care and fitness reimbursement policies). Bilingual: English and Spanish is a plus.
All interested and qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $37,000.00 - $43,000.00 annually