Tax Planning For Maryland and DC Metro Businesses: Contact an Attorney
Tax planning is essential for any business today. Business owners do not need to shirk their fair share of the tax burden. Neither should they pay more than necessary as a result of failure to plan. At the law offices of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. business clients receive the undivided attention of experienced, highly qualified business tax lawyers.
Business tax planning may encompass a number of diverse areas of business operations including the following:
- Labor and employment: human resource management, retirement benefits, executive compensation
- Entity selection for new businesses: C-corporations, S-corporations, LLC or partnerships each have their own tax implications for business shareholders
- Asset sales
- Mergers and acquisitions: before taking steps to expand your business, be aware of the tax implications
- 1031 property exchanges
- Adaptation of business practices to conform with local, state and federal tax laws
- Response to audits by the IRS
There are few names in the suburban Maryland and D.C. Metro area that inspire the degree of confidence among business owners as does Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. For more than 40 years, our law firm has served individuals, businesses and corporations in a wide range of legal practice areas including business tax planning.
Contact us to schedule a consultation on how your business can be best positioned to take advantage of existing tax laws and respond to new ones that may come about under the Obama administration.