Timothy F. Maloney
"People come to us with very complicated legal problems that other firms might not be able to solve. We help our clients tackle major litigation issues in federal and state courts."
Whistleblower (False Claims Act, Qui Tam)
Commercial and Business Litigation
Investigations and Grand Jury Proceedings
Misdemeanor and Traffic Offenses
Timothy F. Maloney
Timothy Maloney is a trial lawyer at Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, where he handles complex civil and criminal cases.
Maloney is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a member of the Maryland Appellate Nominating Commission. He served on the Rules Committee of the Court of Appeals from 1998 to 2014.
He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Maryland/College Park Foundation and is a board member of the Maryland Catholic Conference. He has been named Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Maryland Association of Justice and won the John Hardwicke Award for Outstanding Work in Administrative Law.
Maloney was a member of the Maryland House of Delegates from 1979 to 1995, where he chaired House subcommittees on higher education, transportation, public safety, and the capital budget.
In the NEWS
- Tim Maloney Named Senior Transition Advisor to Incoming Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown.
- 13 JGL Lawyers Selected for Best Lawyers in America
- AACPS agrees to pay $2.5 million in consent decree settling Bowen Levy lawsuit
- Marriott Data Breach Certification
- JGL Files Civil Rights Lawsuit Alleging Howard County Illegally Detained and Transferred Inmate to ICE
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1983
- Maryland, 1986
- District of Columbia, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, Rules Committee
- Maryland Commission to Revise the Criminal Code
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Senior Transition Advisor to Incoming Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown
- Top Personal Injury Verdicts & Settlements in Washington, Washingtonian magazine, 2014
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland
- Maryland and Washington, D.C. SuperLawyers, 2008–present
- Best Lawyers in Washington, Washingtonian magazine, 2011
- American College of Trial Lawyers, inducted 2008