Steven B. Vinick
My clients can sleep at night because they know I will be guiding them from the beginning to the end. I work hard, I know how to try cases and I fight for my clients' rights.
A principal in Joseph, Greenwald & Laake’s Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense practice groups, Steven Vinick has more than 20 years of experience in representing clients in matters including medical malpractice, personal injury and criminal defense. Over the course of that career, Steven has earned a reputation as a skilled litigator and highly effective courtroom advocate.
Steven has obtained numerous significant verdicts on behalf of his clients, including an $11.5-million verdict for a client whose father was shot and killed by police officers. Steven’s reputation as a fearsome courtroom opponent who obtains excellent results helps him negotiate favorable settlements on behalf of his clients. He takes pride in the fact that he receives many referrals from other attorneys and former clients, all of whom respect his legal acumen, his honesty and his empathy for his clients.
Steven was named Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Maryland Association for Justice, and has been named a Maryland SuperLawyer each year from 2011 to the present. He is a frequent lecturer on topics including civil litigation, automobile claims, depositions, Medicare and criminal defense for the National Business Institute and Maryland State Bar Association.
Outside of work, Steven enjoys skiing and running, and spending time with his three daughters and his wife.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1991
- University of Maryland at College Park, B.A., English, magna cum laude, 1988
Phi Beta Kappa
- Maryland, 1992
- District of Columbia, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
- Washington, D.C., Trial Lawyers Association
Speeches & Articles
- Guest seminar speaker on managing liens in auto accident litigation, National Business Institute
- Deposition skills instructor, Maryland State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Maryland Association of Justice, Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Maryland SuperLawyer, 2011–2014