Drew LaFramboise is an experienced litigator and problem-solver who has spent his entire career handling complex legal matters on behalf of individuals and businesses. As Senior Counsel in Joseph, Greenwald & Laake’s civil litigation department, Drew is involved in a variety of practice areas, including commercial, civil rights, consumer fraud, appellate, sexual assault/abuse, and serious personal injury litigation.
Prior to joining JGL, Drew practiced for a number of years at a DC-based plaintiffs’ litigation firm, where he represented individuals in products liability, class action, and serious personal injury cases throughout the country. Throughout his career, Drew helped his clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation.
Drew has considerable experience in all stages of litigation, from early investigation of a case to trial. While a trial lawyer at heart, Drew also believes strongly in alternative dispute resolution and has obtained successful results for his clients through pretrial negotiation and mediation. Ultimately, Drew does not subscribe to a “one-size-fits-all” approach to litigation; instead, he believes that each case requires its own creative and solution-driven approach.
Drew holds leadership positions in a number of local and national legal organizations, and speaks throughout the country on issues affecting the civil justice system.
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Dayton, B.A., 2007
- Ohio, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2014
- Maryland, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 2022
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2011
Trial Lawyers’ Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC
- Executive Committee
- Board of Governors
DC Bar Association
- Chair, Torts Section
American Association for Justice
Maryland State Bar Association
Maryland Association for Justice
Speeches & Articles
- “Issues in Documenting and Calculating Damages,” Panelist, George Mason University School of Law, Law & Economics Center, Symposium on Economics and Law of Civil Remedies (February 2021)
- “Emerging Civil Justice Issues in the New Congress,” Panelist, George Mason University School of Law, Law & Economics Center Civil Justice Fest (November 2020)
- “Impossibility Preemption after Merck v. Albrecht,” American Association for Justice Annual Convention (July 2020)
- “Taking Care of Business,” Moderator, DC Trial Lawyers’ Association Fall 2018 Seminar (October 2018)
- “Nuts and Bolts of Mediation and Negotiation,” Moderator, DC Trial Lawyers’ Association Fall 2017 Seminar (October 2017)
- “Deposing the Difficult Defense Witness,” Trial Magazine (September 2017).
- “SynchroMed II Drug Infusion System Litigation,” American Association for Justice Products Liability Seminar (March 2017)
- “The Hidden Dangers of Power Morcellators,” Trial Magazine (July 2015)
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Washington DC, 2017-present
- Awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 under 40, Washington DC
- Avvo 10/10 “Superb” rating