Maryland and Washington, DC, Metro Job Discrimination Attorneys
Throughout our nation's history, and particularly in the past 50 or 60 years, laws have been put in place specifically intended to protect workers from unfair discrimination. With some exceptions, employees are generally protected by law from discrimination based on the following:
- Age (Age Discrimination in Employment Act or ADEA)
- Disability (Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA)
- Perceived disability
- Race, color, national origin, religion or sex (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- Sexual harassment, or harassment based on race, color, national origin, or religion
- Pregnancy or marital status
- Sex in regards to equal pay (Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title VII)
- Vietnam-era or “special disabled veteran” status (The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act or VEVRAA)
- National Guard soldiers called to active duty and military reservists (Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act or USERRA)
- Unexpected family or medical needs (FMLA)
If you have been fired, demoted, harassed or subjected to a hostile work environment based on any of these aspects of your identity in Maryland or Washington, D.C., you have an able advocate in the law offices of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, PA.
Sometimes, bringing charges against your employer can be more costly in dollars and otherwise than it will be worth even if you win. Our lawyers have the experience and perspective needed to properly evaluate a situation that you believe to be illegal job discrimination and offer reliable counsel on how best to proceed in asserting your rights and protecting your future.
Call or e-mail the law offices of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A. to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney regarding your labor and employment issues such as a potential job discrimination or wrongful termination claim. We also handle False Claims Act (Qui Tam) and whistleblower issues.