Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, 2004
George Washington University, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, B.S., 1998
New Jersey, 2004
Washington, D.C., 2015
- A stay-at-home mom was looking at an impending divorce when her husband a prominent physician moved out of their house. "He didn't, however, stop there," explained Reza. Her husband also arranged to have her utilities turned off and limited her available cash. "We knew we needed something hanging over his head. So, we immediately filed in Prince George's County and caught him by surprise." The strategy worked, resulting in an out-of-court mediation, which led to an agreement granting Reza's client substantial alimony.
- According to Reza, "I was representing a man with substantial wealth, helping him plan his divorce." There was an issue because his wife hadn't worked for over 10 years, raising the possibility that his wife would be awarded indefinite alimony. Working closely with the client, the wife subsequently went back to work for a period of time, resulting in a lower alimony award for a short duration.
- A small, manufacturing business in Northern Virginia needed help with employment, trade secret and contractual issues. "I had represented the owner in his divorce," Reza notes, "and he sought my help as an outside counsel. He knew that I had business experience, and I've advised him on a variety of operational and legal matters."
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Program co-chair, Family Law Section, 2007–2008; co-chair, Family Law Section, 2008–2009
- Montgomery County, Maryland, American Inn of Court
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Iranian-American Bar Association, founding and board member
Outside the Office
In addition to his commitment to family law and providing exceptional legal representation to the firm's clients, Reza is committed to participating in his community. He is active in the lives of his four children. He not only coaches most of their sports but also serves as the Assistant Commissioner of the Youth Football Program and Youth Basketball Program. In his spare time, Reza is an accomplished runner and tri-athlete who has completed more than 15 marathons, including the Alcatraz Shark Fest, an open-water swimming race in the San Francisco Bay from Alcatraz Island to shore.
Awards & Honors
- Maryland SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2012–2014
- Smart CEO, designee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iranian-American Bar Association- Past Board Member
- Iranian-American Bar Foundation- Past Founding Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association for Montgomery County, Maryland- Past Section Chair