Client-focused legal representation starts with listening. I listen to my clients’ needs, goals, and priorities. From there, I educate my clients about the law and process to empower them with information and knowledge. This is especially important because my clients often feel unheard and powerless when facing a situation that feels out of control.
Together, my client and I collaborate as a team. We develop options. We evaluate solutions. We create strategy. Our team may also include the Firm’s supporting associate attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants, as well as outside experts. This team approach means that my clients are not left to face their situation alone or unsupported.
As a family-focused attorney since 2002, my practice is dedicated to families and the complex legal challenges they face, for example:
· Child custody and parenting legal matters, including child support
· Enforcement of agreements and contempt of court orders
· Court-appointed representation of children in contested custody and parenting litigation
· Domestic violence and intimate partner violence protective order litigation
· Marital agreements, whether premarital, prenuptial, reconciliation, or post-nuptial
· Cohabitation agreements for unmarried partners
My practice includes a variety of services designed to meet diverse family legal needs, whether:
· Traditional attorney-client representation
· Mediation, as a neutral mediator
· Parent Coordination
· Early Neutral Case Evaluation, as a neutral case assessor and settlement facilitator
· Attorney representation for settlement only, whether in the Collaborative Process or negotiation
· Limited scope representation
No two families are alike, and no two clients are alike. I customize my approach to honor the unique circumstances of each client and family. Customized means client-driven representation, no matter how contested or uncontested. From mutual consent settlement, to strategic negotiation, to complex litigation and trial.
Being a family-focused attorney means more than just knowledge, skills, and experience. It calls for compassion for clients in crisis combined with an understanding of the complexity of family legal matters. I advocate for my clients and their families because I have a passion for solving and resolving life’s most stressful challenges, so my clients live a better future.