Contact a Maryland and Washington, D.C., Metro Attorney for Representation after a Construction Accident
If you or a family member was injured at a construction site through any of the following, you need an experienced attorney who is ready to give your case the quality of analysis and attention that it deserves.
- Ladder collapse
- Scaffold collapse
- Roof fall
- Trench collapse
- Crush injury involving heavy equipment
- Forklift accident
- Crane accident
- Any motor vehicle accident at a construction site
- Amputation involving machinery
In many respects, a construction accident is like any other accident resulting in personal injury, such as an auto accident or an accident occurring on unsafe premises anywhere. A lawyer seeking to maximize compensation for a client injured in a construction accident will do many of the same things that he or she does after a car crash, including the following:
- Investigate the scene of the accident
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Take photographs
- Review accident reports
- Examine rules, regulations and laws that may clarify by whom, how and when negligence occurred
- Evaluate injury evaluations by medical doctors
- Discuss with medical professionals the victim's prognosis for recovery and rehabilitation
- Project expected expenses over a lifetime that the victim will incur as a result of the injury
In other ways, however, a construction accident is unique in that workers' compensation and third-party liability claims may both apply. Labor and employment laws must be reviewed along with construction codes and regulations that contractors and subcontractors are expected to follow on building job sites.
Insurance subrogation complexities are common in construction accident cases. It often happens that liable parties sue each other in an effort to assign blame elsewhere. Property owners, contractors, subcontractors, inspectors, material suppliers and equipment manufacturers may be involved in a construction accident investigation.
Contact the law offices of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., to schedule a consultation.